Our 12-hour fishing charters travel up to 80 miles offshore, taking you out to reefs and structures to bottom fish, and even offshore rigs. Catch amberjack, grouper, snapper, kingfish, and more!
- Anglers Ages 13+
The Complete Deep Sea Experience
Our 36-hour trips are the ultimate offshore experience! Our trip takes you out to bottom fish reefs and structures in 150 – 400 ft of water for a variety of deepwater species such as types of snapper, grouper, amberjack and more. At night we fish floating oil platforms over 120 miles offshore for yellow and black fin tuna. Our second day we bottom fish again before it is time to head home. Your catch on these trips may include types of snapper, grouper, amberjack, tuna, sharks, ling, kingfish, dorado, and many other deep water species.
The Capt. John is a 75-foot catamaran that can accommodate the 40 fishermen on a 36-hour trip comfortably. There are 40 sleeping bunks inside the spacious cabin. There is a full galley inside the air-conditioned cabin where there is also a television you can watch while you eat and take a break from fishing.
The boat will leave at 7:30 a.m. the first day of your trip and will return at 7:30 p.m. the next day. We do ask that you make it here around 6:30 a.m. so that you have time to get your gear loaded and the boat can leave on time. We will provide you with a fishing rod, reel, hooks, weights, and squid.
What you need to bring:
- Sleeping bag or bedroll and pillow
- Rubber deck boots
- Change of clothes – not required but nice to have
- Ice chest left in your vehicle to put your fish in when you get off the boat
- Ziplock bags – if you are going to have your fish cleaned by the fish cleaners
- You may bring your own fishing rod and gear although it is not required
- Recommended tackle includes butterfly jigs, diamond jigs (chrome), and tuna poppers. These will be needed for tuna fishing. You should have at least four and the size should be six or eight oz
- You will need enough cash for the snack bar and gratuities
- Texas fishing license (required by law)
What not to bring:
- No GPS allowed
- Ice chests for fish are not allowed or needed on the boat. The Capt John is equipped with ice chests all around the boat to keep your fish on ice